Jul 17, 2024  
2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog 
2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Financial Information



408 Culkin Hall


All students attending Oswego must pay tuition and the College Fee. In addition, all students must pay the Student Association Fee assessed by the Student Government. This fee covers organization dues, subscription to student publications including the yearbook, and admissions to special lectures, concerts, sports events, and other student activities. The Health, Athletic, and Technology Fees are mandatory. The remaining charges shown on the fee schedule depend upon the student’s choice of living accommodations, class status, and choice of courses. Certain laboratory and studio courses, and some courses with field trips, etc. require an additional instruction fee.

The College has a policy requiring all full-time students to have health insurance. To meet the needs of uninsured students a health insurance policy is available. This policy is designed to meet the needs of students at a reasonable price and will supplement services provided by the Mary Walker Health Center. All full-time students will see the charge for this insurance reflected on their bill. This charge can be removed from the student’s account by returning a completed waiver form and copy of insurance card to the Auxiliary Services Office, 507 Culkin Hall.

The cost of books and supplies, recreation, travel and other variable or discretionary expenses are not billed; however, such expenses must be considered by students in planning a realistic budget. Tuition and fee schedule may also be viewed on the Student Accounts website, click on Tuition and Fees.



Tuition for New York state residents, matriculating on a full-time basis, is $5,570.00 per year. Tuition for non-New York State residents, matriculated, full-time undergraduate students is $14,820.00 per year. The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and Supplemental Tuition Programs (SUSTA) are available for qualified students to offset some or all tuition charges. See Financial Aid for application process.

Tuition for undergraduate New York State residents, attending on a part-time basis is $232.00 per credit hour. The rate for non-New York State residents is $618.00 per credit hour. In addition to the above, a College Fee of $0.85 per credit hour is assessed.

Tuition for non-matriculating students is dependent on the level of the course taken. All non-matriculating students who take 12 credit hours or more are charged the full-time resident or nonresident semester rate for the Fall and Spring term. During the summer term there is no tuition cap. Use the per credit hour rate to determine the tuition charge. Tuition and fee schedule may also be viewed on the Student Accounts web page, click on Tuition and Fees.

New York State Residency

Physical presence in New York State does not constitute legal residence in the State. A college student cannot gain resident status unless it can be clearly established that the student’s previous domicile has been abandoned and a new one established in New York for a minimum period of 12 months prior to the start of the semester. Individuals do not meet the residency requirement if domiciled in New York State for the sole purpose of attending college. The domicile of a minor is, unless emancipated, that of the minor’s parents. Proof of emancipation must include evidence of financial independence. Applications for resident status are available in the Student Accounts Office or on the Student Accounts web page. Applications must be submitted to the Student Accounts Office before the last day to register for classes in the semester for which the student is applying. Failure to provide requested documentation to support resident status, upon request from the Student Accounts Office, will result in a denial of the application. For more information please refer to the Student Accounts web page, click on NYS Residency.

Payment of tuition, fees, room and board are due and payable prior to the first day of scheduled classes, unless covered by an authorized deferment. Authorized deferments include Tuition Assistance Awards; State University Supplemental Tuition Assistant awards, and other awards as authorized by the Chief Administrative Officer of the College or said officer’s designee. All costs and fees are those currently in effect and are subject to change prior to registration.

The Student Accounts Office directs all financial correspondence, statements, billings and receipts to students.

Notice Regarding Non-Payment of Obligations

If payment is not received for obligations due SUNY Oswego, this agency is required to pursue other collection alternatives pursuant to Chapter 55 of the Laws of State Attorney General’s Office, or the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance. In addition, state agencies are authorized to charge interest on the outstanding debt at the current corporate underpayment rate minus four percent (4%) set by the Commissioner of Taxation and Finance, compounded daily, on accounts considered past due. Chapter 55 allows state agencies to charge a fee on dishonored checks or like instruments.

In addition, the New York State Attorney General’s Office and SUNY Central Administration have reached an agreement which requires adding interest and collection fees on past due debt. Students are liable for interest, late fees, a collection fee of up to 22%, and other penalties on past due debt. Collection fees will be added to new past due debts transferred from this campus to the Attorney General or private collection agencies.

These terms and rates may be modified, without prior notice, as required by Legislative action or Board of Trustees’ action.

State Debt Collection Laws Affecting All Past Due Debts Owed To The State Of New York


Certain state laws that became effective on January 1, 1993 have granted additional enforcement powers to New York State agencies for collection of non-tax debts. These laws have augmented those codes and regulations that previously existed within the State University of New York. If a student has a current or outstanding debt with the University, the student is strongly urged to settle the matter immediately. Important Provisions include the following:

Interest Or Penalty On Overdue Non-Tax Debt – State Finance Law § 18

State agencies are authorized to assess interest or late payment penalty charges on overdue debts.

Collection Fee - State Finance Law § 18

State agencies or their representatives may charge collection fees to cover the estimated costs of processing, handling and collecting delinquent debts. The amount can be as much as 22% of the outstanding debt.

Authority to Hold Transcripts and Deny Registration – Section 302.1 (j) of Chapter V, Title 8 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations

No student shall receive credit or other official recognition for work completed satisfactorily, or be allowed to register, until all tuition, fees and all other charges authorized by State University have been paid or University student loan obligations have been satisfied.

Referral of the Debt to the Tax Department – State Tax Law § 171-f

State agencies are authorized to certify to the Department of Taxation and Finance that past due legally enforceable debts should be offset against any tax refunds, contracts or other State payments.

Returned Check Charge – State Finance Law § 19

State agencies are authorized to charge a returned check fee when a check is dishonored.

If a student wishes to avoid these measures, the student MUST make arrangements to resolve any outstanding debts as soon as possible. For questions regarding debt, please contact the Student Accounts Office at 315-312-2225.

Refund Policy


Any registered student who decides not to return must officially withdraw from the College before the beginning of the semester to avoid any financial liability. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in a financial obligation to the State of New York. Consult the Office of the Attorney General or the State Education Law, paragraph 302.2, regarding this matter.

According to State University Administrative Policies the semester begins with the first day of classes listed in the Official College Calendar. Students who are given permission to cancel their registration shall be liable for payment of tuition in accordance with the following schedule:

Tuition Liability Schedule

(Begins 1st day of term)

Calendar Days Week # % of Tuition Liability
  1-7 1st week 0%
  8-14 2nd week 30%
  15-21 3rd week 50%
  22-27 4th week 70%
  28 on 5th week 100%

Fee Liability: 100% beginning the first day of the term.

Students Not Receiving Title IV funding

Fees are non-refundable as of the first day of classes. Students must withdraw before the start of the semester to avoid liability.

Room rent is prorated after the first week of school on a quarterly basis. Contact Residence Life and Housing Office for details. Charges for board are refundable on a prorated basis for the number of weeks left in the quarter for which the student has paid. Refund details are available from the Student Accounts Office.

Students with Federal Title IV funding

Students receiving Title IV financial aid award payments and who withdraw from the College shall be obligated to return a portion of the award. Oswego determines the percentage of earned aid by taking the total number of calendar days a student is registered divided by the total number of calendar days in the semester to determine the percentage of aid the student will receive. If the calculated percentage is greater than 60% the student will receive 100% or the aid that was approved and the student was authorized to receive. Fees are nonrefundable as of the first day of classes.

Tuition Assistance and Deferment Policies


Tuition Assistance

The State University Board of Trustees has established a policy of tuition assistance whereby tuition charges may be waived in the following circumstances. All waivers must be presented at time of registration.


Up to 100 percent of the cost of tuition may be waived for employees holding full-time appointments in State University Community College of the Research Foundation, provided the course(s) taken bear some relationship to the employee’s current job. Contact the College Provost, 702 Culkin Hall, for information.

Critic or Supervising Teachers

Teachers providing services to the University as supervisors of student teachers may obtain certificates entitling them to waivers. For information, contact the Chief Administrative Officer of your school system.

Graduate Assistants

Fellows, interns, graduate assistants, teaching assistants, research assistants and part-time faculty at Oswego may apply for waivers by contacting their supervising dean (Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Dean of the School of Business; Dean of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts; or Dean of the School of Education). The waiver amount varies depending on the service performed and/or salary and may be conditioned on application for TAP assistance.

Deferment Policies

Award Deferments

Oswego requires payment in full or enrollment in the time payment plan for tuition, room, board and fees prior to the start of classes. Proof of the following awards may be used as legitimate deferments. In each of the these programs, applications must be submitted each year. Students are responsible for initiating the application process and actively pursuing all steps in the process to completion.

TAP/Child of Vet

A student award certificate, issued by the Higher Education Services Corporation for the appropriate semester at Oswego, may be presented with a bill to defer tuition to the awarded (semester) amount.

Native American Aid, VOC-VET, Rehabilitation Programs

The awarding agency must have submitted the appropriate authorization to the Student Accounts Office delineating terms of the award.

Federal Direct Stafford Loans

Deferment is allowed if the loan has been approved by the NYS Department of Education.

Federal Direct PLUS Loans

Deferment is allowed if the loan has been approved by the NYS Department of Education.


Students whose applications for EOP assistance have been approved by the EOP Director may defer the awarded amounts upon notification to the Director of Student Accounts by the EOP Director. Evidence that the student has applied for TAP and PELL is required.


Confirmation of the award is sent by the Financial Aid Office.

Perkins Loan

Deferment is made by the Student Accounts Office upon notification from Financial Aid that the student has accepted the award and signed a promissory note for the Perkins loan.

Private Sources

Awarding agencies must have submitted official written notification to the Student Accounts Office delineating amount and terms of the award. Awards based on grades or made payable directly to the student are not accepted.

Veteran’s Benefits

Veterans may qualify for monthly educational benefits under the Veteran’s Readjustment Benefit Act of 1966, as amended. Application is made at the Veteran’s Office. Eligible veterans may then defer that portion of their bill not covered by other financial aid. These deferments are arranged individually between the eligible veterans and the Student Accounts Office.

DMNA Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program

Student must submit DMNA Form 96-2 Certificate of Eligibility for the award to be used as a deferment against billed charges. The student is responsible for fees.

Additional Sources of Financial Assistance

Scholarship and loan funds are available through community, fraternal, church, industrial and union groups. Contact school’s guidance counselor or local library concerning resource materials. Students willing to do the research, fill out the forms and write necessary letters may find assistance from an unexpected resource.

Any student who has an excess in financial aid funding from Perkins Loan, Stafford Loans, PELL, SEOG, or TAP sources that is not needed to cover the student’s obligations to the College may receive authorization for purchases at the College Store. Students are eligible for a maximum of $600 per semester. Refunds on any unused portion of the authorization are made by the College Store.

Payment Plans

The College has its own time payment plan. It is available for the fall and/or spring semesters. Contact Student Accounts for details.



206 Culkin Hall


The Financial Aid Office at Oswego State believes that the talents, hopes and ambitions of our citizens are among the most valuable resources this nation possesses. With this thought in mind, the office continues to promote scholarship, loan, and employment opportunities for its qualified, deserving students who need assistance to attend college. The goal is to make it possible for students who would normally be deprived of a college education because of inadequate funds to attend SUNY Oswego by using strategies that access all financial aid programs. In so doing, it is essential that we adhere to federal and state legislative requirements, as well as looking at all other resources that might be available to the students through scholarship opportunities, to ensure an equitable distribution of funds.

The Financial Aid Office finds that cooperation with the student and the family is imperative. Occasionally there are situations that affect a student’s ability to pay because of changes in their personal or family’s circumstances. These situations include dropping a class, possible withdrawal and changes in income through loss of employment, death, or separation. Students are encouraged to notify our office if there are any concerns or changes in a family’s situation.

Professional and courteous staff are available to discuss issues in person, by phone, or E-mail. Information on the types of aid available, how to apply and the opportunity to check your personal awards and applications is available on the Financial Aid web page. Students are encouraged to continue their learning opportunities by promoting good fiscal sense and awareness of their financial aid status and responsibilities.

As college costs rise, more and more people are exploring the availability of financial aid. Oswego students who are New York State residents realize substantial savings by attending a state university college. In addition, there are many programs of direct financial assistance available in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and employment. Over 85% of Oswego students receive some financial aid.

The following information is provided as a general reference to financial aid at Oswego and is based on statutes, regulations and policies current at the time these materials were prepared for publication. These descriptions are, however, subject to change and there may be changes that affect you. We strongly recommend you review the Financial Aid Office website, www.oswego.edu/financial, for additional information. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for the most current information. 

Applying for Financial Aid


Applicants for Financial Aid at Oswego need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), listing Oswego, federal code number 002848, as a school authorized to receive the information. Students should apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.  Students must apply each academic year. We highly recommend that all students complete the FAFSA. As a result of filing the FAFSA, students will receive the results of their application to review and instructions on how to make any necessary changes. Students should review the FAFSA results for accuracy and make any appropriate changes. 

If the Financial Aid Office needs additional information from students and their family, they will be notified and told the necessary information and documents to submit.

Students should keep copies of the completed FAFSA, all tax forms and all correspondence and documentation used in completing the FAFSA in case corrections are needed or verification of information is required. 

Financial Aid Award Process


All financial aid is awarded in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with all Federal, State and College regulations and guidelines.

The Financial Aid Office will begin sending award letters to prospective students beginning on or about March 15. We will begin sending letters to continuing students on or about April 1. The award letter will indicate all aid the student is eligible for and outline how to accept certain types of aid. It is important to follow any instructions on the award letter in a timely manner. Oswego always has more students needing funds than there is money available. Awards that are not accepted in a timely fashion, as defined in the award notice, are canceled and offered to other students. Consideration for discretionary funds is given to our neediest students and those who apply by March 1.

All applicants will be considered for the Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Direct Stafford Loan. Students who have filed the FAFSA by March 1 (November 15 for spring admissions) will also receive priority consideration for Federal Work Study, Perkins Loans, and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants. If tax information is not going to be available by March 1, applicants should complete the FAFSA with estimated information. If applicants use estimated information, they will need to provide actual information as soon as it is available. New York State residents will be given the opportunity to complete the electronic TAP Application for New York’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) when completing the FAFSA. Oswego’s TAP code is 0935.
As part of the financial aid award letter, students will receive instructions on how to obtain information about all programs they have been awarded, the conditions of all awards, cost of attendance information and other information necessary for them to make the best decisions and choices.

If accepting a Federal Direct Stafford Loan for the first time, student will receive information on how to complete the electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) and loan entrance counseling. These instructions will be mailed to students beginning in June before their first semester. This process should be completed as soon as possible so there is time for the loan to be approved before the college bill is due.

For New York State residents, student TAP awards will likely be estimated by Oswego on the award letter. The New York State Higher Education Assistance Corporation will begin to process TAP applications each year after the New York State budget has been signed. Award notices will be mailed directly to the student.


About thirty percent of all applicants will be selected for verification. If selected, students will receive a Verification Worksheet and a request for copies of income related documentation. All aid processing will be held up until this information is received. A student’s eligibility for assistance can be changed by the verification process. Students may be asked to document their citizenship and/or Selective Service registration status.

Formal withdrawal, drop or failure to complete the term

Students who have federal financial aid and withdraw, drop hours or stop attending classes during the term may have their awards adjusted and the appropriate amounts returned to the programs according to the federal redistribution formula in effect. We closely follow the Federal Return of Title IV funds calculations and return aid to the programs as required. All students considering changes to their enrollment status, should contact the Financial Aid Office  before doing so.

Statement of Educational Purpose

Recipients of federal financial aid must be matriculated and are required to sign a Statement of Educational Purpose on the FAFSA. The content of the current statement is:
All of the information provided by me or any other person on this form is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that this application is being filed jointly by all signatories. If asked by an authorized official, I agree to give proof of the information that I have given on this form. I realize that this proof may include a copy of my U.S. or state income tax return. I also realize that if I do not give proof when asked, the student may be denied aid.

I certify that I will use any Federal Title IV, HEA funds I receive during the award year covered by this application solely for expenses related to my attendance at the institution of higher education that determined or certified my eligibility for those funds.

I understand that I may not receive any Federal Title IV, HEA funds if I owe an overpayment on any Title IV educational grant or loan or am in default on a Title IV educational loan unless I have made satisfactory arrangements to repay or otherwise resolve the overpayment or default. I also understand that I must notify my school if I do owe an overpayment or am in default.

Transfer Students

Students who have attended a post secondary institution prior to attending Oswego will have their loan history reviewed through the National Student Loan Data Service to assure the College does not allow a student to exceed the annual and aggregate student borrowing limits.

Consortium Arrangements

Students wishing to receive financial aid for courses taken at or through another campus must file a Consortium Agreement (available from the Financial Aid Office) with a completed Course Approval Form from Academic Affairs in addition to meeting all other eligibility criteria. Consortia are not usually available for summer study.  Students will be required to provide proof of course completion and final grades.

Study Abroad

Students may be eligible for funding while attending an approved study abroad program. Contact the Financial Aid Office for details.

Repeated Courses for Federal Financial Aid

Students are allowed to receive Federal Title IV aid to repeat a course once if they have previously received a passing grade in the course.

Courses must apply to program of study 

Courses that do not satisfy a requirement for the students academic program do not count toward the semester credit hour enrollment for financial aid purposes.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students receiving federal and/or state aid are required to be in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress toward their degrees as defined below.  New York State Pursuit of Program information can be obtained from the Student Accounts Accounts Office.  Federal guidelines are defined below. 

Guidelines for Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students must meet the College’s academic standards for satisfactory academic progress and good standing as defined in the section “College Standards and Policies “  published in this catalog. Students are considered to be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward the degree for Federal Title IV aid if they are permitted to continue enrollment at the College based on academic guidelines defined in that section.

If a student fails to meet the College’s academic standards, they are considered “Academically Disqualified”. This disqualification determination and notification by the College is also considered determination and notification that a student is ineligible for continued Federal Title IV aid from any of the Title IV programs which include Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG),  Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant, Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins Loan and/or Federal Direct Stafford and PLUS loans. 

Grade Point Average

Students receiving assistance from Federal Title IV programs (Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins Loan and/or Federal Stafford and PLUS loans) must maintain the minimum grade point average required for matriculated students based on their cumulative registered credit hours as defined in the section “College Standards and Policies  published in this catalog. Depending on their initial eligibility criteria, students may need to maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA to continue to receive the Federal TEACH grant.

Maximum Timeframe

Students receiving assistance from any Federal Title IV programs identified above may not receive financial aid to attempt more than 150% of the necessary timeframe for program completion.  The College allows students to enroll for up to 12 fulltime semesters, or 150% of the expected 8 semesters required to successfully complete a program of study. Part-time students do not have a maximum number of semesters to complete a program, but are subject to the the 150% of program length attempted hours. For most students, Federal Title IV aid cannot be received for more than 183 attempted credit hours toward degree completion.

Student receive warnings from the College if it appears the student will have difficulty completing the program prior to exceeding the maximum timeframe. If at some point the student is deemed mathematically unable to complete their current program in the maximum timeframe, they will be determined ineligible for Federal Title IV aid.

Students who lose eligibility for Federal Title IV aid are eligible to appeal the determination.  See the “Mitigating Circumstances” section below.

Mitigating Circumstances

If a student fails to meet the College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements, they will be notified with instructions regarding the process to petition the appropriate Academic Dean for reinstatement and to have the academic standards temporarily waived. The student will receive directions from the appropriate Academic Dean on how to pursue this appeal at the time the student is determined to be academically disqualified. The student will need to document the reason for not maintaining satisfactory progress and explain the circumstances that have changed to allow future success. If a student is allowed to return to the College and receive Federal Title IV aid, the student will be required to regain Satisfactory Academic Progress or successfully pursue a plan agreed to with the appropriate Academic Dean. Failure to regain satisfactory progress or successfully complete the agreed-to plan will result in a determination that the student is not making Satisfactory Academic Progress in subsequent terms.

 Transfer Credits

Only courses accepted for transfer from a previous school that are applicable to the students current program of study will be used in the maximum timeframe calculation as both attempted and completed hours.

Frequency of Review

The College reviews a student’s academic progress at the end of each semester.  

Federal Aid Programs


Federal Pell Grant

Available to—Matriculated students who have not received a Bachelor’s degree. Must be citizens or eligible non citizens, be financially eligible, be in good academic standing and making satisfactory degree progress. Persons required to register with selective service must do so. Student may not be in default or owing a repayment on any Title IV program at any institution.

Amount—Maximum award for 2013-2014 is $5,645 per year.

How To Apply—file a FAFSA. Be sure to list SUNY Oswego as one of the colleges authorized to receive the information.

Disbursement—Students selected for verification must complete the verification process before funds will be ordered; awards may change as the result of verification. Proceeds distributed by semester.

Federal Perkins Loan

Available to—Same as Federal Pell Grant, and also available to matriculated graduate students.

Amount—This is a campus-based program; awards vary according to need and availability of funds. Maximum annual award to Oswego students is $1400 per year.

Disbursement—Promissory note must be completed. Proceeds distributed by semester. Loan may be used as a deferment if paperwork is complete.

Repayment—Current interest rate is 5%. Repayment begins following the grade period initiated by termination of at least half-time study. Grace period is either six or nine months determined by date of first loan. Up to ten years to repay. There are loan forgiveness possibilities for some types of employment. See the Director of Student Accounts or the Financial Aid Office for details.

How To Apply—Same as Federal Pell Grant. Recipients must complete entrance and exit interviews.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

Available to—Same as Federal Pell Grant.
Amount—This is a campus-based program; awards vary by need and availability of funds with priority to lowest family contributions and Federal Pell Grant recipients. Typical award is $500. 

How To Apply—Same as Federal Pell Grant.

Disbursement—By semester. May be used as a deferment if paperwork is complete.

Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH)

Available to—Undergraduate and graduate students who intend to teach in a high-need field, such as math, science, special education, foreign language and who agree to teach in a low-income school.  Students must have scored above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test or have graduated from high school with at least a 3.25 GPA. If students did not score above the 75th percentile, they must maintain a 3.25 GPA throughout college to continue to receive this grant. If students fail to meet the service requirement, the TEACH Grant will have to be repaid in the form of an Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, with interest accrued from the time the student first received a TEACH Grant. For a complete list of current high-need fields and low-income schools, go to the Financial Aid Office website and review the TEACH section.

Amount-up to $4,000 per year

How to Apply-Complete the FAFSA, complete an Oswego TEACH application, complete entrance counseling, complete an Agreement to Serve and Promise to Pay.

Disbursement - By semester 

Federal Work-Study

Available to—Same as Federal Pell Grant.

Amount—This is a campus-based program; awards vary according to need and the funds available. All FWS jobs are paid at no less than minimum wage.

How To Apply—Same as Federal Pell Grant.

Disbursement—Bi-weekly paycheck for hours worked. May not be used as a deferment.

Federal Direct Stafford Loan

Available to—Same as Federal Pell Grant.

Amount—Undergraduates with less than 27 credit hours may borrow $3500 per year. Those with 27-56 hours are limited to $4500 annually. The annual limit for undergraduates with 57 or more hours is $5500. Graduate limite is $8500 per year. These limits include subsidized and/or unsubsidized loans.   The amount of each depends on the student’s need.  Amounts up to demonstrated need are subsidized by the federal government; amounts in excess of demonstrated need are unsubsidized (the student being responsible for the interest while in school).  In addition to these limits, students are eligible for up to $2000 in additional unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan.   Independent students and dependent students whose parents have been rejected for a PLUS loan (below) may borrow additional amounts of unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan. The additional amount may not exceed $4000 per year for the first two years and $5000 per year for the third, fourth and fifth years.

Disbursement—Loans are disbursed in two installments, at the beginning and midpoint of the loan period. The lender deducts an originationn fee.

Repayment—When a student ceases to be enrolled at least half-time, a grace period begins as specified in the promissory note. For subsidized loans, payment of principal and interest begins at the expiration of the grace period. For unsubsidized loans, interest must be paid or capitalized beginning while the student is in school; payment of the principal begins at the expiration of the grace period. Repayment may take up to ten years.

How To Apply—Must first file a FAFSA. A Master Promissory Note must be completed according to school’s procedures. Recipients must complete entrance and exit counseling as required by the Financial Aid Office.  Instructions will be provided.

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students

Available to—Parents of dependent students. Must be citizens or eligible non citizen. Student who is beneficiary must meet criteria under the “Available To” section under Federal Perkins Loans. Not need-based.

Amount—Cost of attendance minus all financial aid.

Disbursement—Loan proceeds disbursed to parent borrower in two installments (at the beginning and the midpoint of the loan period) after proper school certification. The lenders deducts an origination fee.

Repayment—Repayment begins 60 days after the loan is disbursed. Interest rate = 7.9%.

How To Apply—Student must file a FAFSA.  Parent will need to complete a parent data form for the College and a master promissory note.  Instructions will be provided.  

United States Bureau of Indian Affairs Aid to Native Americans Higher Education Assistance Program

Application Procedures—Application forms may be obtained from the Bureau of Indian Affairs Office. An application is necessary for each year of study. An official needs analysis from the college financial aid office is also required each year.

Each first-time applicant must obtain tribal enrollment certification from the Bureau agency which records enrollment for the tribe.

Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards—To be eligible, the applicant must: (1) be at least one-fourth American Indian, Eskimo or Aleut, (2) be an enrolled member of a tribe, band or group recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, (3) be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an approved college or university, pursuing at least a four-year degree, and (4) have financial need.

Responsibilities of Recipients—For grants to be awarded in successive years, the student must make satisfactory progress toward a degree.

Veterans Administration (VA) Educational Benefits

Application Procedures—Application forms, information and assistance in applying for benefits are available at all VA offices.  We recommend students review the information on the Oswego Veteran Services website and contact the Veteran Services Office for assistance.

Veteran Vocational Rehabilitation

This program is for disabled veterans of various wars and conflicts.

Survivors and Dependents Education

This program is for children, spouses, survivors of veterans whose death or permanent total disabilities were service-connected and for spouses and children of service persons missing in action or prisoners of war.

State Programs


There are many scholarships and awards available from New York State.  some of these programs are highlighted below.  For a complete list of New York State Scholarships and awards, go to www.HESC.org.

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

Available to—New York State residents enrolled full-time in a degree program. Must meet TAP standards of degree progress and be in good academic standing.

Amount—Awards range up to Oswego’s tuition; eligibility based on NYS net taxable income.

How To Apply—File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and the TAP Express application. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply.

Disbursement—Award notice sent to student by the New York Higher Education Services Corporation. Award notices made out to Oswego State University can be used as deferments.

Mayor’s Scholarship Program

The Mayor’s Scholarship Program is a student financial aid program established by the Mayor’s Office of the City of New York and sponsored by the Federal agency for Housing and Urban Development (HUD). It is administered by a consortium of three nonprofit agencies: ASPIRA of New York, Inc., the New York Urban League, and the Admission Referral and Information Center of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities. It is designed to provide supplemental financial aid to residence-eligible New York City students enrolled as full-time matriculated in degree-granting institutions of higher education. The amount of each award ($100-$650) is based on financial need as indicated by the student’s Pell Grant index and the cost of education. Application is made to any of the contact agencies mentioned above (ARIC, ASPIRA, or N.Y.U.L.) in the summer proceeding each academic year.

Regents Award for Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans

Application Procedures—A special application, obtainable from the high school principal or counselor, must be filed with the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), Albany, NY 12255. Documentary evidence to establish eligibility is required with the application. A high school counselor can provide assistance with this process.

Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards–The applicant must be (1) the child of a veteran who died, or who has a current disability of 50 percent or more, or who had such disability at the time of death, resulting from US military service during one of the following periods: December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946 June 25, 1950 - July 27, 1953 October 1, 1961 - March 29, 1973 and (2) a legal resident of New York State. Legal residence in New York State on the part of the parent is also required at the time of entry into military service or, if the parent died as the result of military service at the time of death.

Regents awards to children of deceased or disabled veterans are independent of family income or tuition charge, and are in addition to such other grants or awards to which the applicant may be entitled.

Award Schedule—The amount of the award is $450 per year for up to five years, depending on the normal length of the program of study, of full-time study in a college or hospital nursing school in New York State.
Responsibilities of Recipients—Recipients must be in good academic standing in accordance with Commissioner’s Regulations, and must not be in default of a loan guaranteed by the Higher Education Service Corporation. To receive payment, the scholarship holder must, each year, file a TAP Student Payment Application with the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.
Source—New York State Higher Education, Services Corporation, Albany, NY 12255

Regents Awards for Children of Deceased Police Officers and firefighters

Application Procedures—A special application, obtainable from the high school principal or counselor, must be filed with the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), Albany, NY 12255. Documentary evidence to establish eligibility is required with the application.
Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards—The applicant must be a resident child of a resident police officer, firefighter or volunteer firefighter of New York State or any of its municipalities who died as the result of an injury sustained in the line of duty.
Award Schedule—The amount of the award is $450 per year for up to five years, depending on the normal length of the program of study, of full-time study in a college or hospital nursing school in New York State.

Responsibilities of Recipients—Recipients must be in good academic standing in accordance with Commissioner’s Regulations, and must not be in default of a loan guaranteed by the Higher Education Service Corporation. To receive payment, the scholarship holder must, each year, file a TAP Student Payment Application with the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.

Source—New York State Higher Education, Services Corporation, Albany, NY 12255

Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award

Eligibility—Funding is available for U.S. veterans who served in Indochina between January 1, 1963, and May 7, 1975, and who received other than dishonorable discharges. Veterans must have been residents of New York State on April 20, 1984, or have been a resident of the time of entry into the service and resume residency by September 1, 1987.

Amounts—For full-time study the maximum award is $500 per semester or tuition, whichever is less. The Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award plus TAP, if eligible, cannot exceed tuition. Maximum part-time awards are $250 per semester or tuition, whichever is less.

How To Apply—Full time applicants must complete (1) a TAP Student Payment Application, (2) a Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award Supplement and (3) a Pell Grant application. Part-time students must complete the Veterans Supplement and the Pell Grant Application (see Section II). Forms may be obtained from high school guidance offices, financial aid offices or the Higher Education Services Corporation at the address and phone listed for TAP.

Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)

Eligibility—Applicants must be undergraduate New York State residents enrolled for 3 to 11 credit hours. Students must be in good academic standing in a degree program prior to applying for APTS. In addition, students are not eligible for APTS if they have utilized all semesters of eligibility in the TAP program. Income guidelines must be met.

Amounts—At SUNY state-operated campuses annual awards can range up to the maximum cost of part-time SUNY tuition. Award offers are made by the financial aid office at the student’s institution.

How To Apply—Students seeking assistance for part-time study must complete a campus APTS application available on the Financial Aid Office website. Campus funding is limited.

Student Aid to Native Americans

Application Procedures—Application forms may be obtained from the Native American Education Unit, New York State Education Department, Albany, NY 12230. The completed application form should be forwarded by the applicant to the Native American Education Unit along with the following materials: (1) official transcript of high school record or photostat of General Equivalency Diploma; (2) letter(s) of recommendation from one or more leaders in the community attesting to personality and character; (3) personal letter, setting forth clearly and in detail educational plans and desires; (4) signatures of the parents of minor applicants, approving education plans; (5) official tribal certification form; and (6) copy of acceptance letter from college that student is attending.

Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards—The applicant must be (1) on an official tribal roll of a New York State tribe or the child of an enrolled member of a New York State tribe, and a resident of New York State, (2) maintaining good academic standing in accordance with Commissioner’s Regulations, and (3) enrolled in an approved New York State post secondary program. Student Aid to Native Americans is an entitlement program. There is neither a qualifying examination nor a limited number of awards.

Award Schedule—The award is $1,550 per year for a maximum of four years of full-time study (five years, where a fifth year is required for completion of degree requirements). Full-time study requires a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester or the equivalent in part-time study. Students registered for less than this number will be funded at approximately $46 per credit hour. Awards are not provided for study in remedial programs.

Responsibilities of Recipients—Students are responsible for notifying the Native American Education Unit in writing of any change in student status or program or institutional enrollment. Students must also submit semester grades at the end of each semester, showing satisfactory progress toward completion of degree or certification requirements.

Source—Native American Education Unit, New York State Education Department, Albany, NY 12230

Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)

Application Procedures—Application is by means of forms prescribed by SUNY. Application forms are available from the EOP office at the institution.

Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards—An applicant must be (1) a New York State resident, (2) academically disadvantaged according to definitions promulgated by the State University, and (3) economically disadvantaged according to guidelines approved by the Board of Regents and the Director of the Budget. Selection of eligible applicants is conducted by the SUNY unit or the EOP campus, or both.

Award Schedule—The amount of financial assistance and other support provided to EOP participants is dependent on need as determined by the SUNY unit and the program, within the state guidelines.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Application Procedures—Handicapped persons may obtain a list of local Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) offices from: Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, New York State Education Department, Albany, NY 12234. The blind are served by the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped, State Department of Social Services, 40 North Pearl Street, Albany, NY 12243.

Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards—Eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services is based upon (1) the presence of a physical or mental disability which for the individual constitutes or results in a substantial handicap to employment, and (2) the reasonable expectation that vocational rehabilitation services may benefit the individual in terms of employ-ability. Eligible clients may receive services including but not limited to counseling and guidance, evaluation of vocational potential, physical and mental restoration services, transportation, placement assistance and instruction and training including that given at institutions of higher education.

The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation will consider college training for clients when an appropriate specified vocational goal requiring this level of training has been established through the counseling and planning process between the eligible disabled individual and his vocational rehabilitation counselor. The training may involve full- or part-time study at the baccalaureate level leading to a degree or certificate; graduate training is usually not provided. Training costs at institutions of higher education may be paid through the vocational rehabilitation program only after efforts have been made to secure grant assistance to cover these costs in whole or in part from other sources.

OVR policy establishes a maximum payment toward tuition for a client in any one academic year. In some cases, clients are required to share the expenses of college training according to the general OVR economic need policy.

Source—Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, New York State Education Department, Albany, NY 12234

Veteran Services

206 Culkin Hall


The Veterans Services Office is available to assist all veterans and eligible dependents of veterans to obtain benefits they are eligible to receive while attending SUNY Oswego. These benefits are a direct result of service they or a parent performed in the United States Military.
Students are assisted in filling out the proper paperwork and processing it through the Veterans’ Administration and New York State Higher Education Services Corporation. All veterans should contact the Veteran’s Services Office. Veterans may be eligible to receive benefits in support of their attendance at Oswego. The office staff is very familiar with the available programs and the process to apply for those benefits.  Please visit them at the Veteran’s Services Office, located in the Financial Aid Office at 206 Culkin Hall.

Scholarships and Awards


The following table lists the scholarships and awards available through SUNY Oswego. The table gives the names of the scholarship or award, the number available, and the dollar amount. Additional scholarships may be established after this Catalog goes to print. For application materials, deadline dates, and additional information contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations. at 315.312.2258, e-mail scholar@oswego.edu or visit www.oswego.edu/scholarships.

Name of Award




Presidential Scholarship (freshmen) TBA $4,700 renewable
Dean’s Scholarship (freshman)  TBA $1,500 renewable
Merit Scholarship (freshmen)  TBA $750 renewable
Transfer Merit Scholarship (transfers)  TBA $1,000 non-renewable
Residential Scholarship (freshman and transfers) TBA On-campus room cost renewable
International Undergraduate Scholarship (international students) TBA $6,500 renewable

Freshman & Transfer Students

William S. Barnes ‘33 Student Scholarship   One $825
Andrew C. Burnett ‘92 Scholarship One $500
Roberta P. Byer ‘71 Scholarship One $1,000
Stephen and Ann Coco Presidential Scholarship Fund One $450 and Presidental
Helen B. Daly Mathematics Award Two $1,250 each
Eugenio M. De Hostos Scholarship One $200
Rosemary ‘81 & Douglas ‘80 Crane Scholarship One $1,825
Freshman Chemistry Scholarship Four $500 each
Gerald J. Friends ‘55 Scholarship for the Schodack Central School District One $1,550
Rosean C. ‘31 & Russell Gay Presidential Scholarship  One Presidental
Girgis B. Ghobrial Presidential Scholarship1 Eight $300 and  Presidental
Bakhoum Ghobrial and L. Zahia Sorial Ghobrial Presidential Four $300 and Presidental
Lynn & Ellen Hemink Scholarship  One $1,675
Frances Mattison & Otto Hoenow Scholarship  Two $2,325 each
Gurden Jones ‘27 Presidential Scholarship One Presidental
Elsie Hutchinson Morris Scholarship  Two $3,975 each
Donald C. Helmer ‘38 Scholarship One $1,925
Clara Hill Murphy ‘27 Scholarship  One $1,725
Louella and Harold Oakley SCholarship One $1,525
Panarites/Sweeting Family Scholarship One $1,075
George M. Penney Presidential Scholarship One Presidental
Peterson Education Scholarship Two $650 each
The Barbara Shineman ‘65 Scholarship One $1,275
Olive B. Spargo Scholarship One $550
Barry Taylor Memorial Scholarship  One $825
Renee Valles ‘85 & Michael L. Toothman Scholarship  One $525
Sharon ‘74 & Joseph Yacura ‘74 Endowed Scholarship  One $1,900
Sharon ‘74 & Joseph Yacura ‘74 Endowed Scholarship for the School of Communication, Media and the Arts One $1,025
Dr. and Mrs. Edward Shafer ‘70 Scholarship One $500
Gerhard D. Zellar New Student Scholarship  One $850
Edward B. Dexter ‘35 and Lillian F. Dexter Scholarship One $3,800
Facilities Services Employee Scholarship Fund One $525
Herbert ‘40 and Hazel Siegel ‘37 Scholarship III One $1,200
Irving and Joan Mahnke Dashkin ‘43 Scholarship One $1,050
Mary B. Dowd ‘56 Scholarship One $575
P. Kevin Gilman ‘74 Memorial Scholarship One $1,500
Roland and Dorothy Brown Clark ‘36 Merit Scholarship One $1,225


Alumni Legacy Scholarship Four $1,000 each
Barry W. Atkinson Award  One $1,300
Jerry Burns Memorial Scholarship  TBA $500
Benjamin ‘42 and Bevra Pease Muirhead ‘46 One $625
Class of 1937 Scholarship One $1,000
Charles P. Dolan Memorial Scholarship Two $2,000 each
Robert Brian Ellis Scholarship  One $1,000
Emeriti Association of SUNY Oswego Scholarship One $1,975
H. Lois and Paul Goodwin Memorial Scholarship  One $2,525
Victoria Greenspan Memorial Award One $200
Dave A. Ingram, Esq. Memorial Scholarship One $500
Harold E. Morse ‘61 Family Scholarship One $1,225
The Paul Family Scholarship One $450
James E. Perdue Memorial Scholarship One $2,950
REACH Scholarship One $800
Edward Austin Sheldon Scholar Awards Four $1,000 each
Hubert B. Smith Diversity Scholarship TBA $3,400
Olive Brannan Spargo ‘31 Endowed Leadership Fund One $725
William R. Tucker Scholarship 12 $500 each
Charles Turner Graduate Award One $250
Charles Edward Wisotsky Educational Memorial Fund One $875
Gerhard D. Zellar Native American Scholarship One $950
Lt. Col. Mike Waters, USAF (Ret.) ‘70 Scholarship One $1,000

Non-traditional Students

Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship
 Eta Gamma Chapter
One $300
Jack C. James ‘62 Scholarship One $1,500
The Janice Pettit Non-Traditional
Memorial Scholarship
One $250
Dorothy Rogers Scholarship One $1,775

The School of Business

Michael O’Brien ‘81 Memorial Scholarship One $1,475
Nancy ‘93 & Kurt Salisbury Scholarship One $1,000
Outstanding Senior in the School of Business
(John Parr) Award
One $475
Jocelyn Sokolski Egan ‘84 Scholarship One $1,075
Lisa Tamilia ‘89 Scholarship in
Memory of Josephine Tamilia
One $450
Susan F. Wain ‘69 Scholarship One $825

The School of Education

Class of 1945 Scholarship  One  $575
Class of 1953 Memorial Scholarship  One  $2,000
Class of 1954 Scholarship  One $1,375
Gileen W. French ‘65 Scholarship  One  $1,000
Father Robert E. Hall Memorial Scholarship  One  $1,775
Anna Mae Johnson ‘42 Scholarship  One  $1,000
Florence Ellen Williams Kelly ‘31 Scholarship One $1,000
Mary E. Laing Scholarship  One


Constance LaRock Seeber ‘53 and Ada Linsler ‘37 Scholarship  One  $1,075
Stan Levenson Scholarship  One  $1,000
Frank and Ruth Sayer Education Scholarship One $1,100
Anne ‘53 and Kenneth ‘54 Sherman
Education Scholarship
One $400
John P. Moroney and Frances Murphy Moroney Merit Scholarship  One  $5,000
Gillespie/Pietroski Scholarship  One  $1,075
Virginia G. Gibson Vogel ‘56 Memorial Scholarship  One  $1,575
Ted ‘72 & Jane Friedlander Jenny ‘71 Education Scholarship  One $825

Scholarships by Major


Accounting, Finance and Law Department

New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) Excellence in Accounting Scholarship Several $2,500/$1,500
Insurance Superintendent William Barnes Risk Management Award One $250
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Syracuse Chapter Four TBA

Anthropology Department

Norman E Whitten Scholarship One or more $250

Art Department

Grant Arnold Award Several  $700
Herman Krusi Award One TBA
Jessie E. and Jay D. Rudolph Several Annually  $3,150
Aulus Saunders Service Award Several Annually  TBA
Robert M. Sullins Studio Award Several Annually  TBA
Joseph F. Shoenfelt Memorial Fund One $90
Nancy Busco Trabold Memorial Scholarship One $525

Biological Sciences Department

Dr Norman J. and Elsie H. Gillette Outstanding Senior in Biology Award One TBA
Dr Douglas Halliday Summer Research Fellowship One or more Up to $3,000
Martin V. Torok Memorial Award TBA TBA
Dr. Walter Freund Memorial General Scholarship TBA $8,700 total
Zoology Student Award    

Chemistry Department

Dr. H. Alan Ewart Memorial Scholarship One $2,925
Pearle Monroe Scholarship One $725
Willy G. Schuh, Jr Outstanding Senior Award One $300
Augustine Silveira, Jr. Research Award in Chemistry TBA $3,550
Anthony L. VanGeet Scholarship One $550

Communication Studies Department

Dr. I. David Glick Scholarship for Excellence in Communication One $525
J. Edward McEvoy Scholarship One $1,625
Dr. Manjula Ravindra Shah Memorial Scholarship One $1,425
Robert C. Ziegler ‘84 Memorial Scholarship Two $2,525 each
Camerlengo Internship Award Up to 4 $500

Computer Science Department

NYS Federation of Home Bureaus, Inc. Scholarship in Honor of Oswego County Home Bureaus One $450

Counseling and Psychological Services Department

Thomas H. Chapman One $1,050
Lucy Wing Memorial Fund One $1,000
Donald Snygg Graduate Scholarship One $1,125

Curriculum and Instruction Department

Finter-Yager Scholarship One $2,400
Lisa Frank Memorial Scholarship One $450
Hazel F. Hewitt Scholarship Fund One $1,200
Charles and Margaret Leonard Scholarship One $2,825
R. Lee Martin Award


$650 each
Greta O’Brien Murabito ‘43 Scholarship Two $2,300 each
James ‘41 and Nina Hastings ‘43 Scholarship (TECHNOLOGY) One $550

English Department (Literature)

Georgia Barnes Scholarship One $100
Jean Hernon McDade ‘60 Memorial Scholarship    One $500
Erwin Palmer Outstanding Senior in Literary Studies TBA $100
Charles F. Wells Scholarship One $825
Dr. Richard Wheeler Memorial Scholarship     TBA $500 total

English Department (Writing Arts)

Helen Buckley Award in English Writing Arts TBA  $100
Charles F. & Miriam B. Davis Writing Arts Award TBA approx $100 each

Health and Wellness Department

David Campbell Memorial Fund One $200

History Department

Jean Evans Memorial History Scholarship One $500
Riley Ham Award One $150
Mahar Memorial History Award One $225
Virginia L. Radley Fellowship One $1,975
 Honors Program    
William S. Barnes ‘33 Honors Program Scholarship One or Two $1,225
Patti McGill Peterson Honors Program Award  One $825

International Education

Colleen Brunner Memorial Scholarship One $1,800
International Education Scholarships TBA TBA
Thomas Jacobsen ‘77 Memorial Scholarship One $3,075
Daniel McCarthy Memorial Scholarship TBA $4,275
José Ramon Pérez International Scholarship TBA Full funding study abroad
Modern Languages and Literatures Department    
Margaret C. Nation Scholarship One $425
Modern Languages and Literatures French Scholarship 1 or

$1,000 or
$500 each


Music Department

Maurice O. Boyd One $650
Carapetyan Voice Scholarship One $400
Carlos Manobianco Scholarship One $400
Hugh and Grace Mowatt Burritt Scholarship One $600
Music Memorial Scholarship TBA $1,250
Oswego Festival Chorus Scholarship TBA $400
Diane Lucy Ouckama Memorial One $400
Sophie Sarat Welling ‘34 Memorial Scholarship One $750
“Doc” Soluri Memorial Endowed Scholarship One $500

Psychology Department

Helen B. Daly Undergraduate Award for Excellence in Psychological Research One $200
David J. King Psychology Department Honors Project Award One $50
The Outstanding Senior in Human Development Award One $200
Psychology Club Undergraduate-Scholars Grant Program Cindy Sprague Grants TBA $750
Diversity Award One $50
Gary Klatsky Memorial Scholarship One $700
Multicultural Psychology Award One $50
Public Justice Department    
David Cutler Outstanding Freshman
in Public Justice Award
One $100
Luciano J. Iorizzo Scholarship One $450
Raymond Joseph Stastny Scholarship One $500

Sociology Department

W. Seward Salisbury Award One $90

Technology Department

Carlotta L. Hamm Award One $120
Department of Technology Memorial Fund One $700
James R. Hastings Award One Certificate
Robert Davis Helsby Memorial Scholarship One $575
William R. Keener Sr. ‘30 Memorial Scholarship One $2,650
Claude W. Weyant Award One Certificate
Mary E. Laing Scholarship One $625

Theatre Department

John & Ida Mincher Theatre Scholarship One $1,000
Kathleen Pendergast Memorial Scholarship  One $525
Diane Lucey Ouckama Memorial One $400
Theatre Alumni Scholarship One $425
 Jon Vermilye ‘66 Theatre Scholarship One $475

Vocational Teacher Preparation Department


National Business Education Association Award of Merit

One One-year Membership
Mary E. Laing Scholarship One $625

Women’s Studies

Women’s Studies/Diana Balmori Award  One $825
Women’s Studies/Women Aloud  One $250

Graduate Scholarships

William S. Barnes ‘33 Graduate Award One $900
The Stephen & Ann Coco Graduate Scholarship One $4,075
Charles Turner Graduate Award One $250
Thomas & Shirley Gooding Graduate Award One $1,000
William Steve Nikas Graduate Scholarship One $250
Dorothy Rogers Scholarship One $1,775
Donald Snygg Graduate Scholarship  One $1,125
Festa Fellowship TBD $5,000
Gary Klatsky Memorial Scholarship One $700
Thomas H. Chapman Memorial Award One $1,050
Virginia L. Radley Fellowship One $1,975


The Helen Bohmer Daly Memorial Research Award TBA TBA
Helen B. Daly Award For Scientific Research   TBA $1,000

Other Resources


Libraries and Guidance Offices have books and other resources students may use to locate private sources of funding. Students may also check with religious and fraternal organizations with which they are affiliated.