Jul 03, 2022
Art Major, Graphic Design - 80 cr
A. Foundations Requirements - 16 cr
B. Core Requirements—Graphic Design - 37 cr)
- ART 209 - Typography Credit: 3
Select one Studio Elective Drawing course from 2D Design, Drawing, Painting, Photography, Ceramics, Sculpture, or Illustration not previously taken.
Select one course from the following three; Transfer students who do not take ART 210 at SUNY Oswego must take ART 322
- ART 300 - Figure Drawing I Credit: 3
- ART 310 - Intermediate Drawing Credit: 3
- ART 322 - Drawing for Transfer Students Credit: 3
- ART 307 - Type and Image Credit: 3
- ART 309 - Multimedia I Credit: 3
Select two courses (300 level study) from the following five; transfer students who do not take ART 207 at SUNY Oswego must take ART 323:
- ART 308 - Branding & Packaging Design Credit: 3
- ART 312 - Introduction to Illustration I Credit: 3
- ART 313 - Digital Illustration I Credit: 3
- ART 317 - Web Media I Credit: 3
- ART 323 - Digital Media for Transfer Students Credit: 3
Select one 400 level course in Graphic Design, Digital Media, or Illustration.
- ART 414 - Graphic and Interactive Design Practicum Credit: 3
- ART 492 - BFA Exhibition Credit: 1
Select three courses from Graphic Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Photograhy, Printmaking, or Art Synthesis not previously taken.
C. Core Requirements—Art History/Museum Studies - 15 cr
D. Department Electives - 12 cr
Select any four courses with the course prefix of ART or ARH not previously taken.
NOTE: Students must earn grades of C- or better in all courses credited to the major.
Art - Areas of Study for Majors and Minors
ART HISTORY–MODERN or CONTEMPORARY
ART HISTORY - MEDIEVAL/RENAISSANCE
STUDIO ART-2D DESIGN, DRAWING, and PAINTING
STUDIO ART 3D DESIGN, CERAMICS, and SCULPTURE
STUDIO ART-GRAPHIC DESIGN